The masked Aadhaar card is a more protected form of an Aadhaar card. The masked Aadhaar enables you to cover your Aadhaar number in the e-Aadhaar version downloaded. Using this version, you can hide the first eight digits of your twelve digits UNI or Unique Identification Number.
This legal version has a signature of UIDAI that carries similar information, just like a regular Aadhaar card. It comprises your (holder’s) name, address, and photograph.
In this card, the first eight digits are hidden like this: “XXXX-XXXX-1234”. In this way, you can relax from the stress of getting this unique number stolen.
You can download masked Aadhaar from the UIDAI portal by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps for masked Aadhaar card download online to avoid misuse
Following are the steps to Aadhaar card download online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI and tap or click on the ‘My Aadhaar’ option, and below it, select ‘Download Aadhaar.’
Step 2: A section will appear where you have to enter the details of your Aadhaar card. It includes your name, PIN code, 12-digit unique number, or 28-digit enrolment number.
Step 3: Insert the 16-digit Virtual ID linked with this card on the portal.
Step 4: After entering the relevant details, click on the card and select ‘I want a masked Aadhaar’ option.
Step 5: Wait until the verification is in progress
Step 6: Enter the captcha code after getting confirmation on verification
Step 7: Click the button marked “Send OTP” after verification and confirmation.
Step 8: After you get the OTP on the registered mobile number, insert it inside the box.
Step 9: As an alternative, you can click on the “TOTP” button for generating OTP on your mAadhaar app.
Step 10: Enter the OTP and select “Download Aadhaar.”
Step 11: After inserting the OTP, you will get your masked Aadhaar downloaded successfully.
Click here – Benefits of homework
Validity of masked Aadhaar card
The masked version of Aadhaar is quite similar to a normal Aadhaar card with valid identity proof. You can use it on trains, flights, hotel bookings, etc. This form of Aadhaar will remain valid until your demise. However, you are not allowed to use it to access the advantages offered by the government, such as welfare schemes, subsidy schemes, etc. To access government schemes, you need to offer the regular Aadhaar card, containing the complete Aadhaar number and date of birth.
Advantages of masked Aadhaar card
Various benefits make this new version of the Aadhaar card unique. They are as follows:
- The process of downloading this Aadhaar card is very simple, and there is no such hefty documentation.
- This card is introduced to link the Aadhaar cards with plenty of advanced services and instruments for the betterment of the service delivery mechanism.
- You can use a masked Aadhaar card as ID proof in airports, travelling by trains or for hotel bookings.
- In this card, the first eight numbers of the Aadhaar number will remain hidden. Hence, it can ensure that the unique number will not get into wrong hands.
- The downloaded copy of this card is entirely security protected. This is why you must insert your PIN or password first to unlock the masked Aadhaar copy.
- Nobody can get a glimpse of your Aadhaar number as it will remain secret in this new version card. However, when it comes to normal Aadhaar cards, its entire unique number remains open to others.
The Aadhaar card is thus a vital document to have when you apply for government credit schemes.
The masked Aadhaar card not just offers an additional level of security but also gives plenty of benefits to the citizens. Persons desirous to download their Aadhaar card can opt for the masked Aadhaar. You can go through the steps mentioned above to apply successfully for this masked Aadhaar.
Click here – 7 August 2020 current affairs (Hindi and English) : important mcq