The Indian Railway system is aptly called the lifeline of our nation due to its expansive network. In the past, planning a train trip was a complicated task. But after the arrival of various rail apps, it has become an easy-breezy job. Rail apps like RailMitra have grown popular over the last few years because they offer resources for a seamless travel experience. From berth availability to checking live PNR status online, you can plan your entire train trip with a swipe of a finger.
Read more about the advantages of using a rail app for planning your train trip.
Click here – 5 Facts About Car Accident Lawyers You Need to Know if You Live in Philadelphia
8 Advantages of Rail Apps to Plan Your Train Trip
Here are 8 advantages of using a rail app to plan your train trip:
- Easily accessible online train timetable: Rail apps allow you to easily look into the train schedule of any train online and learn about train details such as the scheduled arrival and departure timings, halt period, expected platforms, and intermediate stoppages in the train route. These train timetables help you to decide the best train that suits your travel needs.
- Updated PNR status checking: With the train app, you can get the real-time PNR status update of your IRCTC train ticket. You just need to simply enter the 10-digit PNR number mentioned in your ticket on the top left corner and click on the “Check PNR Status” button. It will return the accurate PNR status and the waitlist prediction updates of your train ticket. The PNR status will include your details, journey date, train name, ticket status, coach number, seat number, etc. So, in these ways, Rail apps will help you stay up-to-date before your journey and make informed decisions about your train trip.
- Real-time updates on train running status: RailMitra’s efficient GPS tracking functionality will keep you updated with the train running status wherever you travel. Train running status is crucial for planning and executing a journey easily. It also provides information such as the train’s position, estimated arrival and departure time, and more.
- Online food in trains booking across multiple locations: Rail apps offer online food booking on trains. You can relish the fresh food delivered right to your seat. Order your food on train with the Railway apps like RailRestro, which delivers food from more than 450 locations across India. You can choose your preferred food from various cuisines, including Chinese, Italian, North Indian, and more.
- Accurate ticket availability prediction: A Rail app makes checking seat availability effortless. You will see the result that will display a list of available berths against your chosen train and travel class corresponding to your journey date. You can see data for six more days in a row. Rail apps provide real-time data for train seat availability which is accurate and updated. It will be helpful for you to book your tickets at the earliest.
- Information on trains between two railway stations: Train enquiry between two stations is a service of Indian Railways that provides a list of all available trains running on a particular route. You can get a brief of trains scheduled on your route through a Rail app. Evaluating the availability of seats in various classes of trains along the specified route using the enquiry service for trains between two railway stations will help you make well-informed travel plans.
- Live train arrival and departure status: Live station status helps you discover the details of upcoming trains at a particular station in real-time. Upon checking the ‘Live Station’ feature, you can get a list of trains coming to a particular station on the same day within a short time. The Live station status feature proves useful when you want to plan your trip for the same day in the next 2, 4, or 8 hours from a particular station.
- Fare comparison of different trains online: If you are looking over the train fare to decide the budget of your journey, enter the source and destination of your train, class, and date of travel and click on the search button. Once done, a list of the train along with classes and fares appears on the page. It is advisable to book tickets on the train at the earliest possible to avoid the last-minute rush.
Some Additional Features of Rail Apps
Apart from featuring the above helpful tools, Rail apps also provide 24*7 customer support, provision for instant refund and free ticket cancellation, excellent technical support, easy payment options for food ordering, and more.
If you plan a train trip, use a Rail app and get the most out of your trip planning. Rail apps have many beneficial features that guarantee an awesome train journey experience. The Rail enquiry app RailMitra also offers several useful features to ensure passengers a trouble-free train journey.
It is a unique app that will assist you in planning your entire trip from start to scratch and give you complete peace of mind while travelling.
Click here – 5 things that should be on a resume at all times